Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX is a powerful desktop environment that transforms your Galaxy S8 or S8+ into a full-fledged computer. With Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX, you can easily access all your files and applications, while benefiting from the enhanced security and productivity features of Samsung DeX.
The technical specifications of the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX Andorid App Summary
Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX was developed by Flow Technologies and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX from Google Play Store under the Tools category. The latest version of Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX is 2.50 on Play store with total users of 576128. The Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX app has a user rating of 2.9 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX is Nov 30, 2020. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Installing the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX using NOX player is a fairly simple process. Using this emulator is a great way to use any Android app on a PC. Here are the steps you’ll have to follow to install the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX on your PC:
- Download the Nox player emulator on your computer and install it by double-clicking the installation file from download folder.
- It will take a few minutes to install on your PC. The time will depend on the specs of your computer. The higher the specs, the faster the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll see the Play store icon on the top right corner area of NOX Player emulator.
- Open the Play store app, and log into your google account. Then, you’ll see the familiar interface you see on your phone.
- Click on the search bar, and search for Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX here. You’ll see it on the search result page in the first position.
- Choose the first result and click on the Install button on screen. This will start downloading the app on your computer.
- As it’s now installed on your PC, no problem running it. You can launch the app from the NOX player homepage or your Desktop.
|App Name:||Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Flow Technologies|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Nov 30, 2020|
|Get it On:|
Features of Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX for PC
explorer instead of the default email app.
1. True windowed mode for all apps
2. Multi-instance launching of apps
3. Alternative start menu with quick search and access to power button, settings, Play store, pictures and documents folders
4. Install Linux on your device
5. Resolution override function
6. Disable ‘Shift+Space’ language switch
7. Replace ‘Meta+E’ (Windows key/cmd key + E) to launch file explorer
Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX App Overview and Details
This does not give you DeX mode!
You need a DeX enabled device with a USB-C to Display output adapter.
Resolution override function requires USB debugging to be enabled in the devices developer settings before running the configuration. Once complete you can disable USB debugging
• Notice: This application has no internet permissions to provide assurance that no data will be sent back to the developer.
This app uses Accessibility services.
• Enhanced input providing us with support for more of our keyboards hotkeys and key combinations to increase our overall productivity everywhere!
• Multi-Instancing enabling you to launch multiple instances of supported apps such as the calculator.
• True windowed mode enables all apps to work including apps that normally say they require a touch screen or are locked to a phone sized window and providing, true windowed and fullscreen support with no hacks required.
• Auto launch start multiple apps of your choice to the startup list when DeX launches!
• Alternative start menu bringing more of a Desktop-PC like experience to Android desktop! Adding features such as quick search launch (i.e. enter calc and the calculator will quickly launch if it is the only app installed starting with the text ‘calc’). Quick access to the devices power button, settings app, Play store app, pictures app, documents folder and file explorer app from the start menus side bar. Supports launch via the ‘Meta/Windows’ key, or ‘Meta+Alt’ if you don’t want to replace the default start menu!
Also adding multi-instance launching support to the desktop experience!
• Install Linux on your device enabling an increased level of productivity with access to software typically not available on Android devices.
• Resolution override providing additional resolution and DPI configuration options for your device.
• Disable ‘Shift+Space’ language switch.
• Replace ‘Meta+E’ (Windows key/cmd key + E) to launch file explorer instead of email!
• Customisable auto desktop startup/exit device config changes:
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & HDMI Audio out.
• Independant volume profiles for both phone & desktop modes, automatically adjusted whenever you change the volume in each mode.
• Custom desktop Startup, Exit, USB connect and disconnect sounds are supported!
• Brighness reduction and red tint support with quick keyboard shortcuts support to reduce eye-strain quickly and easily without the need to launch any apps!
• Desktop version info enables you to see when DeX has been updated from within Desktop Hub.
Originally designed for the ‘Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/S9/S9+/Note 8’ and the ‘DeX Station’ dock accessory.
Added beta support for alternative Android desktop devices too.
• Apps that can appear on top: Brightness overlay.
• Apps that can change system settings: Bluetooth & WiFi controls.
• Usage data access: Device resource monitor (CPU, RAM, Storage & running background services).
• Accessibility service: Keyboard input detection (for Desktop enhanced input functions, i.e. enabling extra system-wide keyboard shortcuts), system events (i.e. show power menu & minimize all windows), pinch to zoom simulation and handling brightness overlay.
Whats New In this Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX?
• Added Linux Desktop install.
• Fixed bugs with 2020 upgrade pack.
• Samsung file explorer launch fix.
• Taskbar toggle bug fix.
• Added ‘Taskbar toggle’ to the 2020 upgrade pack.
• Improved resolution override feature (Now you can set any size you want).
• Added ‘Resolution override’ feature to the 2020 upgrade pack.
• Optimisations for recent DeX versions.
• Ctrl+Volume Up/Down: HDMI/Phone audio output.
Samsung DeX is an application that allows users to connect their Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to use as a desktop computer. The Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX application allows users to manage their desktop applications and files from their phone. The Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX application is a necessary addition to the Samsung DeX application, as it allows users to have a more productive experience when using their phone as a desktop computer.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
We refer the ownership of This Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at neworleansblaze, we also don’t use our own server to download the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Desktop Hub for Samsung DeX.
If you have any query about the app or about neworleansblaze, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.