DD-WRT Companion is an app for Android devices that allows you to manage your DD-WRT router using your phone or tablet. With DD-WRT Companion, you can monitor your network traffic, change your router’s settings, and add new devices to your network. DD-WRT Companion also includes a built-in speed test to help you diagnose network issues.
Installing and using the DD-WRT Companion for PC will be easy if you know its technical specifications first. Let’s get you through them real quick:
DD-WRT Companion Andorid App Summary
LemraS has developed the DD-WRT Companion application for Android mobiles. You will find this app under the Productivity category on Play Store. DD-WRT Companion has over 9712 users with a great 4.5 rating overall. The latest version of DD-WRT Companion is currently 13.0.0-2/95ec776a-google.
The latest upstate time of the DD-WRT Companion is Mar 2, 2020, meaning that the developers keep it up to date. As you cannot use it directly on a computer, you have to use an Android emulator. We prefer using BlueStacks, Memu, or Nox Player as the best ones in the market.
To help you install the DD-WRT Companion on your PC, we’ll also include a detailed guide in this article.
DD-WRT Companion App Overview and Details
DD-WRT is a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a great variety of wireless (WLAN) routers and embedded systems.
Had you ever tried to use the DD-WRT web interface on an Android device, you should have noticed how impractical it is to navigate with.
This app lets you monitor and manage your DD-WRT routers on the go. Anytime. Anywhere.
Management features are being added progressively.
This app requires Secure SHell (SSH) to be enabled (and working!) on the router (and maybe external access if your router is behind a NAT network).
See the support website for instructions on how to setup your router(s): http://help.ddwrt-companion.rm3l.org
DD-WRT Companion supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods. We do recommend you leverage strong public-private key authentication for SSH access.
• Material Design UI, with Dark and Light themes
• Can handle multiple routers, each with different set of settings
• It supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods. Of course, such sensitive info is encrypted locally and never ever leave your mobile device.
• PIN protection
• Home Screen Widgets
• Access Restrictions (Parental Control)
• Speed Testing
• WAN connection status + Network Topology Map
• Traffic monitoring + sharing with detailed daily breakdown
→ Backup (as RAW or CSV) and Restore WAN Monthly Traffic Data
• List of hosts connected
→ Notifications – can also show up on wearable devices like smartwatches
→ View details on the network card manufacturer
→ Monitor Active IP Connections (overall and per-client)
→ Distribution Pie charts: view top hosts (destination IPs with the most active connections, or local hosts with the most active connections)
→ View name, IP and MAC addresses, Last Seen date, download/upload rates, total download/upload bandwidth usage, wireless network name, …
→ View RSSI, Signal Strength and SNR for wireless clients
→ Various sorting and filters options
→ Monitor WAN (Internet) Realtime Traffic for each connected host, with the ability to disable or enable WAN Access with the click of a finger
→ Set local aliases, so you won’t always have to remember which MAC Address belongs to which user/device
• Wake on LAN (WOL) support
• Syslog stream output, with keyword lookup and sorting capability
• Ability to set per-router preferences (sync interval, theme, …)
• OpenVPN logs, with keyword lookup
• OpenVPN Client settings editing: for example, you can change the target VPN server
• Wireless Networks QR-Codes preview and sharing: you now no longer need to share your WiFi password to your guests. Just share the generated QR Code and they can connect instantly (provided they use a compatible QR Code scanner app)
• NVRAM variables listing, editing and sharing
• Actions on Router: reboot, hard-reset to default, backup / restore
• Toolbox utilities for your Router for troubleshooting potential issues: state-of-the-art network diagnostics tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup, …) are included
• Commands: issue any commands to your router, remotely, and retrieve the output
• Home Screen Widgets
Please note that this app is not affiliated to the official DD-WRT project.
For details on which permissions we request and why, please see: https://help.ddwrt-companion.app/android/permissions.html
→ Some DD-WRT builds (such as r21061) reportedly have SSH connection issues. The issue is with the SSH server itself, not with this app.
If the app cannot connect to your Router, first ensure you can SSH into your Router from a computer, using the same credentials you provided to the app.
Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] for any inquiries.
Support Pages: https://help.ddwrt-companion.app
Features of DD-WRT Companion for PC
Export data to JSON, XML or CSV
– Material Design UI
– Supports multiple routers
– Supports private key and password-based SSH authentication
– PIN protection
– Home Screen Widgets
– Access Restrictions
– Speed Testing
– WAN connection status
– Network Topology Map
– Traffic monitoring
– Traffic sharing
– Backup and Restore
– List of hosts connected
– View details on the network card manufacturer
– Monitor Active IP Connections
– Distribution Pie charts
– View name, IP and MAC addresses, Last Seen date, download/upload rates, total download/upload bandwidth usage, wireless network name, …
– Export data to JSON, XML or CSV
|App Name:||DD-WRT Companion On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Mar 2, 2020|
|Get it On:|
Download & Install DD-WRT Companion On Your Pc: Windows 10/8/7
Installing DD-WRT Companion on a windows computer requires you to install the popular Memu emulator first. If you want a way of how to install it, here is a step by step guide of getting it done:
- Step 1: Download the Memu android emulator on your computer from here and install it.
- Step 2: In the app, you can see the regular interface you usually see in a tab or an android phone.
- Step 3: To access the Play store, you need to log into y oru Google account with your Gmail account.
- Step 4: Log in, go to the search bar of Play store, and search for the DD-WRT Companion. It will appear in the first result.
- Step 5: Click on the DD-WRT Companion, and install the app on your computer. You won’t take more than a minute or so to complete the process.
Whats New In this DD-WRT Companion?
Enhancements and Bug Fixes:
Bug, reliability & performance fixes:
– Fixed issue with unhealthy speed test servers
DD-WRT Companion is a powerful application that allows users to control their routers using their smartphones. The app is easy to use and provides a wealth of features that make it a must-have for anyone who owns a DD-WRT router.
Did the guide help you download and install the DD-WRT Companion for PC? We’re glad if you have found it helpful. If you have questions regarding the emulator or the DD-WRT Companion, let us know below.
We refer the ownership of This DD-WRT Companion to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for DD-WRT Companion and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at neworleansblaze, we also don’t use our own server to download the DD-WRT Companion. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the DD-WRT Companion.
If you have any query about the app or about neworleansblaze, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.